Regular Membership Meeting Minutes
December 15, 2019
Call to order: The regular monthly meeting of the Ready Alliance was held on January 15, 2020 at The Harkenrider Center in Hermiston, OR. The meeting convened at 7:00 PM Pacific Time. The meeting was called to order by Mike Gemelke, Acting President.
Members in attendance: Mike Gemelke, Acting President; Bill Quick, Acting Vice President; Will Studer, Acting Secretary; Andy Jones; Dennis McKenry; Carl Burgus (came in after election); Eric Ramirez and Heather Studer.
Guests in attendance: Scott Ezell
Welcoming of our guest and introductions were done.
Election of 2020 President
With the resignation of our President-Elect the election of a new president was our first priority. Nominations and requests for volunteers were first requested via Google Group on Friday night. Bill Quick and Andy Jones volunteered.
Ballots were passed out and returned to the secretary.
Secretary’s Ballot Report
Total Votes . . . . . . . . . . . 9
In Person Votes . . . . . . . . . 7
Proxy Votes . . . . . . . . . . . 2
Needed to Win . . . . . . . . . . 5
Bill Quick. . . . . . . . . . . . 7
Andy Jones. . . . . . . . . . . . 2
Acting President Mike Gemelke announced the winner as Bill Quick.
Slate of Officers Read
The secretary read the following roster of elected officers who will be sworn in:
President: Bill Quick
Vice President: Andy Jones
Secretary: Wil Studer
Member at Large: Dennis McKenry
One member of large position is vacant
Inauguration of new Board of Directors
The secretary asked all Members-Elect if they still wish to accept the burden of the office for which they have been elected. All answered in the affirmative.
The secretary asked all Members-Elect to stand and raise their right hand.
The secretary administered the oath of office and also took the oath himself.
The past president handed the gavel to the new president and the transfer of authority was complete.
Business Specifically for the Annual Meeting
- No suggestions were made for new committees
- Will suggested that Eric be added to the Repeater Committee, Eric agreed and the President directed it to be so.
- Will reminded everyone that the Events Committee is down a member, but no one stepped forward.
- Events – Discussion was had about the events we would like to hold or participate in for the year. Suggestions were as follows:
- Floats in Parades
- Booth at the Fairs
- Disaster Preparedness Day
- Simplex Radio Testing
- CERT Training
- Spring Campout
- Field Day
- First Aid/CPR Training
- Send a representative to LEPC Meetings
- Financial Priorities – It required that we set the years financial priorities at the Annual Meeting
- Finish Nonprofit
- Get Bank Account
- Get Insurance
- Start researching grants
- Charter Amendments – during the first meeting of the year a review is conducted of the charter
- Measure 1: Measure 1 basically requires the board to have an odd number of members. An official proposal was sent to all members last week.
Motion: Motion was made by Will to accept the measure as written. Second by Bill
Motion passed by a show of hands unanimously.
- Report from Board of Directors Meeting
- Board simply discussed the agenda for this meeting
- Report from the Repeater Committee
- Nothing new to report
- Now that the Corporate Filing with the state is done, the water tower project can progress
- Report from Events Committee
- Andy spoke about Winter Field Day
- All are welcome, not just members or HAMs
- Jan 25, setup at 7AM, Event 9AM to 5PM
- There will be food and a heated tent
- Dennis reported that he had invited the Hermiston Amateur Radio Club, who didn’t seem to be interested.
- Nonprofit Update
- Has been filed with the state
- Still need to file with the IRS, will require another $400
- Fill Vacant Member-At-Large Spot
- There is a vacancy due to Bill being elected President on the board.
- Will previously spoke with Carl Burgus who agreed to take the position if the board appointed him.
Unanimous Consent: Will asked unanimous consent (of the board) that Carl be appointed as member-at-large.
With no objections the appointment was approved.
- VE Group
Eric asked if there were plans for a VE Grouped to be formed within our club. A discussion was opened and there was a lot of interest; we will revisit the topic later.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:50 PM
ONLINE Votes (since last meeting):
The following online votes occurred in the month of December:
- Vote #191201 New Member Eric Ramirez – Final Vote was 9 Yes to 0 No
- Vote #191202 New Member Brenda Griffin – Final Vote 13 Yes to 0 No
- Vote #191203 New Member Grant Morris – Final Vote 13 Yes to 0 No