Policy & Procedure for Annual Meeting
The annual meeting, being one of ceremony and importance as well as the only one required by law will be teleconferenced for members who may not be able to be present at their request.
- Meeting is called to order by the Previous President
- Roll call of existing members by the secretary
- Greeting and Introductions for guests
- The roster of new officers is read
- The previous President asks all new officers if they still wish to accept the office which they are about to be sworn into.
- The Previous President then asks all NEW officers to stand and be sworn in.
- The Previous Secretary will face all officers and recite the following:
“Do you solemnly swear (or affirm) that you will support and defend the Charter and Bylaws of this Organization, the Constitution of the United States and the State in which you reside against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that you will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that you take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that you will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which you are about to enter?”
The appropriate response is “I DO”
- If the person who administered the oath is also an officer for the upcoming year than he/she shall simply state, “I DO, also”.
- At this time, the previous past president hands the gavel to the new president and presents the organization with their new officers.
- The new president then takes over presiding over the meeting and moves on with business.
BUSINESS FOR EVERY ANNUAL MEETING (done first)
- Committees – Members of each committee need to be asked if they wish to remain. The president should decide if new members are needed for any committees and appoint them where needed. The president should also create any new committees if needed at this time and ask for those interested.
- Setting of the years events schedule
- Setting of financial priorities for the year
- Offering of any amendments to the bylaws or charter
Vote to adopt the minutes as they have been presented on the website.
- Officer’s Reports
- Committee Reports
FLOOR OPENED FOR ANY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION OR VISITOR COMMENTS
PRESENTATIONS (If any)