If you are interested in joining us, click HERE. We have no dues for 2020 so membership is free.
Our group’s name was derived from the United States Governments’ ready.gov website. We share the mission of preparing for the possible disasters which could occur and helping others to do the same. We share our collaborative knowledge with each other to prepare for any and all disasters.
This group is an alliance of like-minded individuals who support the mission of the group.
It is not the intent of organizing this group to take away from any local organization with a similar goal or mission such as an amateur radio club, ARES, RACES, Civil Defense, MARS, CAP, etc. We encourage dual membership in these organizations. We also welcome members of government and law enforcement as well as those from any background to join our ranks. We desire to have people of varied backgrounds, training, skill-sets and beliefs.
The intent of the formation of this group is to give those in the groups listed above as well as those who aren’t for whatever reason an outlet for practicing our skills and getting together for mere enjoyment.
It is also the intent of this organization to give each member an equal voice without politics, religion or any type of nepotism or cronyism.
This group, whenever possible will make its best effort to assist other local organizations with projects and goals when it fits into the mission of the group. However, our group will not be co-opted or commandeered without our consent. We shall always remain autonomous.
The purpose of this organization is to facilitate the exchange of information among persons interested in Disaster Preparedness, Radio Communications, Knowledge Sharing, Self-Reliance, and the advancement of our community. Our goal is the continuation of our civilization, not just life, but the civil form of society that humankind has built over thousands of years and the information, knowledge and technical advancements which go with that.
We have a respect for our environment and the plants and animals we share it with. We pledge to leave things better for our fellow man and our children. We pledge to learn as much from our surroundings and the natural world as possible. As with everything we do, this is not a political statement in anyway, but merely a responsible one.
We also pledge to be a group of non-violence. This is not intended to be a political statement, but we believe that through knowledge the desire for violence is extinguished. We will encourage the use of other means for resolution of problems.
We promote Disaster Preparedness and Radio Communications through public service, and operate for charitable, educational and scientific purposes, as follows:
- To provide any services to the community which the organization has the ability and fits into our mission.
- To create a community forum for discussing ideas on all topics relating to organization business, technology, emergency preparedness, radio communications and/or self-reliance.
- To educate both members and the community on disaster preparedness best practices as well as foster an environment for the development for new methodology.
- To encourage and educate on the topic of self-reliance while also creating a network of like-minded individuals who can rely on each other during a disaster.
- To, in coordination with whatever authorities are appropriate, create disaster plans for ourselves, our families, and our community for any and every scenario which can be prepared for.
- Our group is a community resource. We are in no way a militia. We do not tolerate anarchist or anti-government ideology. Our goal is to assist the government and the public any time there is a need.
- To promote civic duty among members and create and participate in opportunities to help the community at large.
- To educate and increase the proficiency of individuals in the current state of the science of radio and communications.
- To foster education and training of current members so that they are more capable of operating and maintaining radio and other communications equipment during periods of emergency.
- To foster education and training in Amateur Radio and Federal Communications Commission licensing requirements for an Amateur Radio license.
- To educate the community about the importance of radio communications in a disaster or other civil emergency.
- To utilize all radio communications available to us as well as train others on the appropriate use of and FCC licensing of such. Services we utilize include but are not limited to, the Amateur Service (which is our primary), the General Mobile Radio Service, The Family Radio Service, and the Citizens Band Service.
- To promote and help develop new digital and other modes which are developing and adapting daily.
- To sponsor and encourage experimental activities in radio and other communications toward the development of new knowledge in the field, and to disseminate this and other information concerning new advancements in the field.
- To promote the elevation of standards of practice and ethics in the conduct of Amateur Radio communications.
Our members pledge to be considerate, loyal, progressive, friendly, balanced, and patriotic.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Much of your literature states you are not preppers. What do you have against preppers?
A: Absolutely nothing. In the traditional sense of the word, that is exactly what we are. The problem is there have been prepper groups which have formed over the years which are preparing like they want to start a civil war or overthrow the government. This is not who we are or what we are about, it is for that reason we have chosen not to use the word prepper or be labeled as such.
Q: You claim to be a group of non-violence and discuss not being a militia or anti-government, are you a bunch of bleeding heart liberals?
A: We are not political in any way. We can’t be labeled as Liberal or Conservative because we are both. We have members who are from both ends of the spectrum and they not only coexist peacefully, but our members are friends who not only can discuss their differences peacefully and respectfully, but we cherish those differences.
Q: With all your talk of non-violence and not being a militia, does that mean you are an ant-gun group?
A: Absolutely not. Our group supports the Constitution of the United States of America and all it’s amendments as well as all other laws. This means we support and respect the second amendment. Most of our members own all types of weapons including guns for the purpose of hunting and if needed, self-defense. We pledge to try our hardest to solve our problems without resorting to violence. That doesn’t mean though, that our members wouldn’t physically defend their-selves or someone else if attacked. This is of course up to and including lethal force with a weapon/fire-arm if the situation warranted.
Q: You mention that you are not “anti-government” and that you support the government, do you not see the problems with our government and it’s functioning?
A: Our members individually all have their own beliefs and we live in a country where they not only have that right but it is necessary to have public discourse to keep all government and politicians honest. We 100% support and back the American form of democracy and the founding documents of such. We further respect and abide by all laws which have been passed in accordance with those founding documents. The group stays out of politics. All governments including ours have their flaws, but it is the collective belief of this organization that the American democratic-republic is the best form of governance on the planet at this time. We are all proud to be Americans and respect the systems which keep that in place, despite the flaws. That doesn’t mean we don’t support change and corruption riddance and reform.